Mud Run Race Day
video of previous races
View all of our videos on our YouTube channel
Be prepared to jump, climb, roll and even crawl your way through this gnarly terrain!
Whether you’re a seasoned pro (you eat mud pie for breakfast) or you’re just dipping your toes in the mud, we have a race for you:
- full terrain: 5+ miles (20-26* obstacles)
- 1/2 terrain: 3 miles (14-20* obstacles)
Both options will be great fun as you and your friends run through mud, trails, mother nature, and the best obstacles that will test your physical and mental grit.
You will sweat. You will get dirty. You will have the time of your life.
What am I getting myself into? It will be tough. It will be fun. And you will be proud to say you’re a finisher. Obstacles commonly seen at our events:
- Mud. Yes. Plenty of it. And you will love crawling in it.
- Monkey bars. They have an incline and there is water under them.
- Cargo nets to climb. And navigate across.
- Tubes to crawl through. With mud in them, anyone?
- Walls to climb over. Some with holes you wiggle through. Some with ropes.
- Balance beams. Not wide, and not dry if you fall off.
- Hurdles are too easy. Can you jump blind-folded over hay bales?
- Climbing walls to traverse.
- Barbed wire to crawl under. You’ll get muddy.
- Tire fields to run through. But with a fun, surprising twist.
- And tire piles to climb over.
- Strength tests. Don’t just run to train for terrain.
- Mental tests. Conquering terrain is something you can do.
*All venues have different terrain and different requirements. And we keep building fun challenges, don’t be surprised when you see something that isn’t on this list!
Timing and awards:
This is a race and all athletes will be timed! Your time will be slower than a 5k or 10k race, but it’s always nice to see how you rank compared to fellow athletes. We use chip timing so you can see how fast you really are and we provide you with a free printable ‘finisher certificate’ online after the race. If you want to be eligible for an award, sign up for the competitive 9am wave.
Please let our staff remove your timing chip after finishing your race. All unreturned chips will result in public humiliation… and a $20 fee.
No matter what wave you’re in, you WILL be timed and you will be able to see your results and ‘finisher certificate’ online. The only advantage of running in the 9am wave is the course will be clear for some serious fast running, and you will be eligible for an award.
Awards for the following:
- Fastest man and fastest woman in the following age groups: 9-19, 20-29, 30-39, etc..
- Best dressed team (if we can see it through all the mud!). Make sure to wear something fun!
- Most awesome photo on the course! Submit your pics on our website after the race. We’ll post this one for everyone to see!
terrain Packet Pick-up:
Most cities will have an optional Friday pickup from 4-7pm. View details for your location>.
All locations will have a packet pickup available starting 1 hour before your chosen wave time at the race site.
Please plan to arrive 60 minutes prior to your wave start to allow for time to park, get your timing chip, check your gear bag with clean clothes, and stretch!
You MUST have the following before your race packet is released:
- Picture ID
- Signed waiver. Follow the link in your confirmation email to digitally sign online to save time. If you sign online, there is no need to bring a waiver with you. If you don’t sign online, we’ll have copies available race morning but it’ll slow you down.
NO ID, NO RACE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
After you show us your ID You’ll receive your:
- Timing chip for your shoes
- Freakishly awesome terrain race shirt
- Access to our gear check tent – we can hold onto a change of clothes while you race
Ready, Set, GO!
Make your way to the start line 10-15 minutes prior to your wave. After a short safety briefing, your adrenaline will start to take over as you attempt to conquer this terrain.
Once the start cannon fires, have a hell of a time, and we’ll see you at the finish line!
*Beer, food, music, and the terrain village will be waiting for you!
Showers to rinse off the mud? You bet, and plenty of them. Don’t forget to bring a towel and a change of shoes!
Remember to go grab the gear you checked before the race so you can relax at the terrain village with friends and family.
Speaking of family, bring everyone for free and spread out a blanket. There is plenty of room for them while they’re cheering you on through the final exciting obstacles!
Download our slick smartphone app and check for results and photos and see if you were smiling! Photos on the course will be available for purchase via your smart phone! Slick as mud, right?
* Sorry no alcohol at Camp Harlow in Eugene.
Bring some extra cash!
- We will have vendors with great food and drinks. Plan on listening to music and cheering on athletes while you get some lunch and a drink!
- Some venues will charge for parking, bring cash as they may not accept plastic! Because of this, we suggest carpooling to the event. And cause it’s the green thing to do!
- Race Swag! We have so much sweet terrain gear, it needs its own event!
Ready to have fun on a sweet obstacle course with the coolest obstacles, best mud, and all your friends? Find a race!
*As terrain is a unique race, so are our venues. With that said, the gnarly obstacles found in some cities, may not be found at others due to the lay of the land and accessibility restrictions.